• "gorski" is male
  • "gorski" started this thread

Activitypoints: 3,595

Date of registration: Aug 12th 2017

net.hawkes.userlevel.level 29 [?]

net.hawkes.userlevel.experience 205,786

net.hawkes.userlevel.nextlevel 242,754

Sunday, December 16th 2018, 3:32am

PiP (Picture-in-Picture) is now working fine!!!

Well, after a long time, I just checked again (in my H7S with PurE2 v. 6.2, booting into PiP variant, obviously [2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2]): PiP is now working fine! No more freezing, crashing, slowing down badly etc. etc. Coders tell me that the last driver improvement was at the end of August, so...?

As in:

-no problem watching 2 channels, audio from only one, of course
-swapping them and that way you change which channel's audio you listen to
-resizing them, from one very small, all the way to splitting the screen, i.e. to equal size windows
-zapping one window, then
-changing which window will be zapped in and zapping in that window freely
-madly changing channels from a big list in any direction, whichever channel (I have a T90 with 12 LNBs)
-combining sat TV and terrestrial channels etc.

Pretty darn smooth, I am pleased to say...

The "experimental" part from the name of the image can be removed, as far as I am concerned - it just does what it says on the tin! :EV790A~137:

P.S. Also tested my new H9.2H - also working well, any sat TV channel + terrestrial channel... :EV012E~133:
http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html - I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784), the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Raze (16.12.2018)

gorski

PurE2-Supporter

• "gorski" is male
  • "gorski" started this thread

Activitypoints: 3,595

Date of registration: Aug 12th 2017

net.hawkes.userlevel.level 29 [?]

net.hawkes.userlevel.experience 205,786

net.hawkes.userlevel.nextlevel 242,754

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 5:59pm

Since I was asked how all that actually works in Zgemma STBs with PurE2...

PiP (Picture in Picture) in PurE2

For H7: MENU > STANDBY/RESTART > MULTIBOOT > ^ or V (up or down) buttons around the OK button, to choose the image variant that has PiP enabled (in fact, in H7 one hasn't got only 4 but actually 8 images: 4 main ones and each image has a PiP version, too). Restart and then...

H7 and H9/H9.2.X series: choose a channel > blue button > activate PiP

Then, blue button > green button, to set it up the way you want it to appear... (read the messages and keep pressing 0 'til you are happy > OK).

Blue > red button to change the window in which you can zap/change/choose different channels > V or ^ buttons to get the list of channels > green button > choose, for instance Terrestrial > choose a channel > OK...

Then blue button > yellow button to swap the places, i.e. which window is active (i.e. which audio you are listening to) > OK...

Play a bit, you can't fuck it up...

Blue > blue to exit PiP...

Njoy! :12_small35: :EV790A~137:
http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html - I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784), the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...

3 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Raze (18.12.2018), jack1.9 (20.12.2018), deejayh (28.03.2019)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests